We exist to provide quality financial services for all: from protecting grandma’s money from scammers to providing supplemental financial tools that support disabled Veterans.
- 90% of our work is in React and Rails, 5% is in Java, and about 5% is DevOps—AWS
- Our team works to meet high standards of usability, security, and availability - because our customers depend on our products for their immediate (today's groceries) and long-term (retirement investments) financial needs. So we move fast, but we can't be cavalier about breaking things.
- We also get to experiment and build cool things: We've used Twilio to craft a useful and constantly-improving IVR for customer service, and we help make our customers and operations folks happy by processing inquiries via SMS.
We'll probably get along wonderfully if:
- You've got a minimum of two years of software engineering experience, preferably with Ruby on Rails
- You’re a nice person who has worked on hairy, wacky full-stack code in production.
- You enjoy exploring implementation options and collaborating with product folks.
- You can improve the codebase without being rude, judgmental or arrogant about it.
- You would describe yourself less as more of a 'session musician' (i.e. Carol Kaye) than a 'rockstar'.
- You're looking for a full-time, on-site role in San Francisco.
Our engineering team is striving for true inclusion, since we know what it's like to be underrepresented in tech. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.