Here’s how it works
Order the True Link Visa® Prepaid Card
Block high-risk stores, set spending limits, and more
Stay in-the-know with alerts and spending history
A Visa card to make your life easier
Easy-to-setup, and only lets cardholders spend the money added to the Visa card
- Can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Add funds from an existing bank account, as needed
- All Visa cards are covered by Visa's Zero Liability Policy¹
Use the True Link Spending Monitor to help protect daily spending and help prevent fraud by customizing where the Visa card works, and where it doesn’t
- Block trouble spots like liquor stores and casinos
- Allow or block access to cash and ATMs
- Set spending limits for certain stores and categories of spending
- Our Scamwatch™ blocks merchants and businesses identified as potentially predatory
Get real-time alerts via text message² or email to stay informed
- Know when, where, and how funds are being spent
- Get notified when a purchase is blocked or spending limits are reached
- Add caregivers and family members to receive alerts as needed, so everyone’s in the loop
Easily add funds from an existing bank account
Connect a bank account
to add funds
or recurring transfers
We’ll notify you when the Visa card balance is low
Hear from our clients
All quotes refer to the True Link Visa Prepaid Card and the associated True Link Platform provided by True Link Financial, Inc. and not the investment advisory services provided by True Link Financial Advisors, LLC.
Choose the right option for you
Life’s complex, we get it - we’re here to make things simpler
It only takes 5 minutes to sign up; take the first step today.Order In Minutes
We’re here to make your job easier
- Order, fund, and manage Visa cards for dozens or hundreds of clients, to save yourself time and streamline your workflows
- Access custom reporting for accountings, audits, and business insights
- Your clients can use our system to check their balances – so they’re not calling you!
Frequently asked questions
The card administrator manages the True Link Visa Card. This administrator can be a family member, friend, professional, or someone else who helps manage another’s finances. Managing a True Link Visa Card means a variety of things, like being responsible for ordering the Visa card, putting the settings in place for how the funds can and cannot be used, adding money, scheduling fund transfers, updating account information, and more.
It depends. You can choose to block or allow withdrawals at ATMs based on the needs of the cardholder.
You can also block access to cash in a variety of ways including: blocking withdrawals inside a bank (i.e., getting cash from a teller at a bank) and, blocking cash-back at time of purchase.
If a True Link Visa Card has been lost or stolen, you can immediately disable the Visa card to prevent additional transactions and protect against fraud. If the Visa card needs to be replaced, you can close the account and order a replacement. All of this can be done online, via our 24/7 automated phone system (1-866-984-8576), or by speaking with a Customer Support representative at (1-866-984-8576) during standard business hours. Once the new Visa card arrives and is activated, any funds remaining on the lost Visa card will be automatically transferred to the new Visa card.
Yes, because the True Link Visa Card is a prepaid card, this means that purchases can only be made using money that has been added to the account. Additionally, many card administrators help their cardholders stay on a budget by scheduling recurring daily, weekly, or monthly transfers. This way cardholders receive funds when they need them -- without spending beyond their means.
For those supporting someone in recovery, where additional budgeting support can help rebuild independence, the True Link Next Step Visa Card allows you to specify monthly, weekly, or daily budgets. Contact us to learn more.